Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Meekness.... The journey begins

I chose the word meek to be my 2013 word.



First off, meek does NOT mean weak.


Quite the opposite really.... meak has been described as strength under control.


Based upon the synonyms of meek, it can also mean tame.


Yep. In order to be tame you must have self-control. You must be under control. You must BE controlled.


Right off that bat, my meekness was tested.


By life.


Let me tell you, 2013 may not be a very easy year and I guarantee I'm in for a lot of growth.


I struggle with having control when things go array. I struggle with having control when I don't feel good. I struggle with having control when I'm faced with a challenging moment.


I WANT to be meek when things go array. I want to have the strength to be in control when I don't feel good. I want to be tame when I'm faced with a challenging moment.


I don't want to be a hairy lion roaring when things aren't going smoothly.


I want to be a tame kitty cat.


I don't want to be a raging beast when things aren't going well.


I want to be gentle and calm.


The first step in having a meek and quiet spirit?


Realizing what meekness truly is. And being willing to work towards it.

 
"The meek will he guide in judgment; and the meek will he teach his way." Psalm 25:9
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...