Friday, March 1, 2013

Some Of My Yummy Eats


Slowly, but surely, I've been implementing some dietary changes. Cutting out refined sugars, cutting WAAAAY back on grains, eliminating dairy for me and gluten for me and the middle daughter.
 
At first, the task seemed daunting, but it's gotten easier- thanks to Google! You can find a recipe for ANYTHING!
 
 

Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps absolutely hit the spot! I LOVE the taste of cilantro and chipotle and this had those covered!

Instead of eating it as a wrap, we chose to lay the chicken mix on a bed of lettuce and eat it with corn tortilla chips.

Seriously! SO FLAVORFUL!! 



These Pigs In A Blanket were definitely a fun treat and a hit with the kids! Made with gluten free pizza crust mix it was not only yummy, but easy! Perfect lunch! Youngest kiddo decided that they should be called "Dogs In The Doghouse" since we used turkey dogs- couldn't REALLY be pigs! LOL I enjoyed mine with some homemade honey mustard- mustard and honey mixed together. Most definitely added to the "YUM" factor!

Brunch one day was this delicious feast! Eggs (good source of SO many things), turkey sausage/bacon, sweet potato cakes, avocado (healthy source of fat), and pico (my fave!). Great way to enjoy a traditional breakfast (brunch, lunch, or dinner) WITHOUT grains! No need for hashbrowns (white potatoes) or biscuits (usually grains). This meal packed a lot of needed nutrients and healthy fats! Awesome way to begin a day.

Busy mom? Kid not eating their fruits and veggies? Then a smoothie might be the way to go!

I recently took the plunge at adding greens to my smoothie, pleasantly surprised at the fact that you couldn't taste them! Sneaky, sneaky!

Need some help with your "Smoothieology"? Very helpful if you aren't a smoothie making pro!

 


I enjoyed one that had a few frozen peaches, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, rice milk, and an egg yolk.

Totally great way to get some nutrients while grading papers or teaching an English lesson! I've only just begun experimenting with them! And yes, I totally consider my purple smoothie green!
 


No Bake Energy Bites or energy balls as we call them are great little treats to boost that mid-afternoon slump. These things are easy to make- even the kids can help do it! What's great about the recipe is that you can totally cater it to your family's liking!
 
 
Breakfast doesn't have to ALWAYS be eggs and bacon for it to be full of protein. These blueberry and chocolate muffins use coconut flour- giving an extra boost of protein AND making them GRAIN FREE! I replaced the agave with honey and the grapeseed oil with coconut. Big hit!
 
Let's be honest... who doesn't need chocolate, right? But if you're avoiding refined sugars and grains, well, it can make it a little harder! One of my internet finds was this moist, delicious sweet potato brownie! No worries- you can't taste the sweet potato. You want to know how I know? My kids GOBBLED them down! Yep, definitely passed the test.
 
Do you have any recipes that you think my family would enjoy as we try to eat even healthier?



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...