Monday, December 1, 2014

You Are What You Do In Private

We've all heard the below quote before. It makes its rounds around the internet - usually major health or fitness buffs post it.
And it's true.
 
What you eat in private will show up in public. Okay, maybe not the one sneaked candy bar, but I guarantee you the multiple sneaked candy bars will. It'll show up.... eventually.... in your waistline.
 
There will be no denying it.
 
I don't care if you eat salads only when you're around others.... The truth will eventually be found out.
 
My outward appearance is a direct reflection of my inward appearance.....
 
And not just when it comes to food.
My outward appearance is a direct reflection of my heart.
 
"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23
 
I wrote this the other day in one of my Bible study lessons....."My outward appearance reflects my inward appearance... and I sit here today more grumpy than not and overweight. Lord, you have my attention."
 
You see, just like how what I eat in private will show up in public, my attitude is a reflection of my spiritual life. When I'm physically hungry, I get grumpy... And I also get grumpy when I'm spiritually hungry.
 
I truly believe that these two things go hand in hand though. When your heart is right with God, when you're being fed spiritually by reading His word, meditating on it, focusing on Him and His will throughout the day, you will feel better. If you are a food addict, you won't have the desire (as much) to dive into food.

It isn't an easy thing to realize.... and definitely not an easy thing to change.

My testimony is on the line here.... I want a body that reflects my walk with the Lord in a positive light. A meek and gentle spirit, a healthy body, a loving spirit, an energized body. A healthy body and a healthy heart is going to allow me to be used by God a whole lot more than an unhealthy body and an unhealthy heart would.

My testimony to my family will shine.
My testimony to others will shine.

I will shine.

Are you happy with your inward and outward appearance? Are there areas that you need to change? I would love to help be your accountability partner.... as we go through this together.

linked up with: The Modest Mom
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...