Monday, May 18, 2015

When God Speaks....

When God speaks, you listen.

Even if it scares you.

Even if what God is telling you seems to be different.

You listen.

And you do.

That's exactly where my family is at right now. We have always tried (sometimes better than others) to do exactly what He tells us and while I am excited about what He is laying out for us, I'm also a little freaked out!

You see, I can trace all of this back to March of last year. When I signed up for a Beachbody coach. CRAZY, I know, but at the time I thought I was just signing up for the discount. So I could get my Shakeology cheaper. So I could get awesome at home workouts cheaper. So I could lose weight and get healthy.

What I didn't know was that through Beachbody's coach training I would be introduced to the term "personal development" and start reading life-changing books like "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy and then be introduced to authors like John Maxwell and Dani Johnson. I didn't realize that I would soon become surrounded by amazing people who were getting out of debt, changing their lives as well as the lives of their family and friends, and doing amazing HUGE things.

I just thought I was suppose to get healthy.

Fast forward to late last year when I knew it was time to get out of my comfort zone. Sure, I just thought that meant talking to people about Beachbody or holding a community workout or even doing something like the Warrior Dash (mud run, obstacle course, not for the faint of heart!). And yes, I did ALL of those things.

But I also realized my heart was being pricked.... and then my pastor-hubby started preaching about stepping outside of your comfort zone as a church.

And I realized that I had been holding back.

So...... what's a girl to do when God starts talking? She talks to her husband only to realize that he was on the same page as her.

Amazing how God works.

That brings me to 12 Hands and Feet. A blog about my family. You know, one dad and one mom and four kids. Doing what God has called them to do. Which right now is to host an orphan this winter through Project 143 and then to take a Spring 2016 mission trip. We get to document it all on the blog or our Facebook page. And let me just tell you, God is already working.... in huge ways. I decided that any extra grocery money would go towards our upcoming projects and today put in $200! HALF of my two week allotment! I spent $200 for two weeks of food for 6 people. And nope, we won't go hungry... and yes, I did buy some organic! No, it wasn't all perfect food, but it wasn't a bunch of junk. This is HUGE because I use to think I needed about $300-$350 PER WEEK to feed us. And yes, if I had that we could probably eat ALL organic, BUT..... by choosing wisely, I am able to make a difference in the life of someone who doesn't even get to get their belly completely full.

And that is what listening to God is all about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...