Saturday, August 5, 2017

Two Year Update

I'm baaack! lol

I know, I know, I've said that before, but maybe I can keep it going this time. Some bloggers are serious- they're serious about their content, their followers, their impact. I've realized that I'm not one of them. Now, don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean what I blog about isn't important or valuable, but a big part of my blog over the years (since 2008!!!!) has been just me being me. I've documented our life, our homeschool journey, and what we've been into.

And I'm okay with that!

Check back next week to read about our new homeschool year as well as how I've been shopping for a family of 6 for about $500 a month.For now, though, let me update you on what's been going on these last two years.

We homeschooled for the 2015/2016 school year, but last year- the 2016/2017 school year- we ALL went to a small, private Christian school! It was a very good year, lots of changes, of course! Isaiah went to 3rd grade and had the furthest to go. He was not an active reader, struggled with even some of the alphabet sounds, wasn't spelling, etc... BECAUSE in our school we typically didn't start heavy book work UNTIL the 3rd grade. He worked SUPER hard though and by the end of the year he was practically up to grade level! BOOM!!!

Aspen was in 6th grade and excelled pretty much with all As. She was on the A/B Merit Roll all year with one 9 weeks being an Honor Roll. When I say she had a B, it was barely... and only in one class.

I was most concerned with Faith as she has always been my student who struggles, but it was a REALLY good year for her! She was tested and we were given the official diagnosis of "intellectual disability". Our school was awesome though, and believed in integrating everyone in the classroom so she stayed in with her peers for most of the day. She gained so much confidence and I was given permission (weird, I know, but still) to let her be her, to embrace her, and to modify her work! I am really looking forward to having her home this year!

Mistic skipped 8th grade and was placed in the 9th grade where she had the option of basically calling it 8th Grade Honors or 9th grade. We decided, based on her grades, that she would call this 9th grade, so we've already got a highschooler! She did amazing, despite all my fears and concerns.

Actually, ALL the kids did amazing! I was SO worried that there would be obvious gaps (and there were some), but nothing that hindered them and nothing that wasn't overcame quickly!

YAY us!

I said we ALL went to school- I was the librarian and elementary pull-out teacher and the hubby taught high school Bible. The kids were all active in sports- Mistic played volleyball, basketball, and softball; Faith played soccer, basketball, and ran track; Aspen was a cheerleader, played basketball, and softball; and Isaiah played basketball.

As good as all of that was, there is truly no place like home for us..... So that's what we've been up to! Stay tuned for what we're doing now!
























No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...