Thursday, January 24, 2013

Peace In The Midst

Recently, we lost our sponsoring church which resulted in us losing our personal income, 90% of the financial support for the mission, and even the building we had been meeting in for 2 years.
 
Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono / http://www.freedigitalphotos.net

 We had no clue any of this was coming. It was one of those phone calls that drastically change life. We had done nothing wrong. There had been no major falling out. Things had been going well at the mission.
 
Knowing what we know now- over two months later- we can see how this decision on the sponsoring church's end might have been hasty and was not handled in the best manner.
 
It doesn't change anything, though. The whys or hows don't change the what is!
 
It's at these very moments that you have two options:
1. Whine, complain, and be depressed.
2. Choose to have peace.
 
Here we are, facing some pretty tall circumstances.
 
Not only are we seeking a new sponsoring church, it will most likely require a trip. A trip to present our work to the potential new sponsor. That kinda changes my homeschool year.
 
We could very well end up moving- to a new town. There's a lot of history (even before the two years of us) in this town. We don't think for a moment that God was done in this area, but circumstances and people don't always allow for God's work.
 
New town means a new house. We really like the house we are in right now- it's big and roomy. Lots of yard and storage space. It's a quiet area. Perfect for us. To make matters worse, I've moved about 20 times in not even 11 years of marriage- and we're not military! I don't wanna move!
 
No consistent income. The church was our sole income. Now we are having to figure out how to make ends meet while living in a very small rural town. Not a lot of jobs available.
 
We're even watching the people who had been coming to our mission slip away....
 
It'd be very easy to sit back and despair. To cry out to God "why!"
 
But I choose peace!


 
My faith in God allows me to have this peace- even in the midst of all of this. I know God will protect us, guide us, and provide for us. I've seen Him do it. Over. Over. Over. And over again.
 
I don't know what's ahead... I don't know if we will have to move or not. I don't know how long it'll take to find a new sponsoring church. I don't know.

Image courtesy of Rawich / http://www.freedigitalphotos.net
But I know Who holds tomorrow and I know Who is in control!
 
 


Friends, if you are in the midst take some time to look to the Father. Let Him give you the peace you need- even in the midst!
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...