Monday, August 21, 2017

On the first day of school....


 Our new school year officially began today! Truthfully, some of my kids miss being part of the Christian school that they attended last year, mostly due to the sports they were able to be part of. There's a part of me that wishes things had worked out so we could have returned and they could have played.

BUT.... there's a bigger part of me that reminds myself that THIS is the best for our family. THIS is what we need to do NOW. THIS is what God told us to do.

We have options- complain and mope or obey and move on? Sometimes we complain and mope (hey! Just being honest), but most of the time we obey and move on.

With that being said.... first day pictures coming right up!

Not going to lie- this was a total fake smile. She hasn't been feeling 100% lately. And she is one that REALLY misses the sports.

Not twins! Same grade! ;-)
How can he already be in the 4th grade?! Not my baby anymore!!!
 

We really had a good day. Our internet cooperated for spelling, typing, and some of my 10th grader's school. Working with the two younger girls to learn the ASL alphabet, numbers, "hello", and "my name is...." 



We switched last minute from Time 4 Learning to Acellus for my sophomore. Same price, but offered more classes. She says she enjoys it more than T4L so we are hopeful it will continue to be a good thing. She is taking French 1, Algebra 1, English II, Medical Terminology, and General Biology.  


Typing practice (and then I let them have some fun with ABCYa.com!)




The view on the left? My favorite! The oldest was in another room, but I am SO thankful to be able to homeschool them. I loved having them home today!




Perk of homeschooling? School on the bed! And not just any bed, but your parent's bed!




How cool was it that there was a solar eclipse on the first day of school? We practiced eye safety and made a pinhole viewer. Everybody thought that was pretty cool!



Youngest daughter made some cupcakes (still needing to ice them) to celebrate the first day of school!



Linked up with: The Modest Mom Blog, Life of Faith

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...